Small Business Registration Sri Lanka – Company Registration in Sri Lanka
01) Requesting & Obtaining Name Approval (could be done online via drc.gov.lk or manually)
The company name reservation is valid for 3 months.
02) Drafting/Preparation of Articles, Form 1, Form 18 & Form 19.
After obtaining the name approval, submit Form No. 1, 18, and 19. All forms should be printed or typewritten. Handwritten forms will not be accepted. According to Article 221(1) of the Companies Act No. 7 of 2007, every company shall have a director and a secretary.
- Incorporation of Private Limited Liability Companies
- Incorporation of Public Limited Liability Companies
- Registration of Foreign Companies
- Registration of Off-Shore Companies
- Incorporation of Unlimited Companies
- Incorporation of Public Quoted Companies
- Incorporation of Guarantee Companies
- Incorporation of Associations
- Registration of Auditors and Company Secretaries
03) A company may either adopt the standard set of Articles of Association in Table A of the Companies Act of Sri Lanka or draft its own Articles of Association. You must submit 2 copies.
04) Publication of Public Notice. (in National News Papers in All 3 Languages & in Government Gazette Notification)
05) Obtaining Tax Identification Number (TIN)
You can download all forms and get more details from www.drc.gov.lk ( Department of Registrar of Companies )